Monday, October 8

~~ Draperied dusk amidst the Ganga ~~



It has been a month that we have settled in Kolkata , hunting tasks like job, apartment, budget food joints kept my mind choc o bloc. But soon things layered beautifully. Notched a job, my husband's office nominated residential apartment, now is our home, and importantly credible domestic help.



After shifting to Kolkata, this was my first visit to the Princep Ghat. I feel escalated, everytime, sitting on those parapets on the bank of Ganges.



I was five then, when the bridge (popularly known as second Hoogly bridge) was inaugurated.



My Baba had hired a cab for a day and took us on a ride to show us the newly constructed mammoth bridge. Now, a signature of 'the City of Joy'.



A boat ride on the river is a 'must to-do' whenever you visit the place.



Illumination shone the dusk that draperied  amidst the Ganga.

August,2012

No comments:

Post a Comment